Sunday, August 17, 2008

ZuTy Salamander

Zuty Salamander drawing by Bonnee Klein Gilligan © 2008  All rights reserved.

ZuTy the Salamander is a Fire Elemental.

An elemental being or Nature Spirit that lives easily in flames of fire. Fire is the first of the primary elements (fire, earth, air and water) that make up the universe. Fire is symbolic of purification, transformation, passion and aspiration.

ZuTy says, “I AM Fire... I burn, destroy, create, sustain and renew with flame. I AM heat and light. I AM the Sacred Fire, the fire of transmutation and manifestation.  I AM the fire in your body and Soul. I AM androgynous. I AM Fire.”

In October  2007 I was commissioned to draw Zubaluma Taliya, nicknamed 'ZuTy' who is one of the fire elementals. The original is 9" x 12" pastel on paper.  Giclee prints are available at my Spirit Art Gallery.

~Bonnee

No comments: