Monday, December 22, 2008

12/22 Ha Nerot, Happy Hannukah

Ha Nerot sung by Chava Rachel Saban

Happy and filled with Light, a wonderful tribute to Hannukah.  Enjoy the Holy Lights of the menhora dancing to this joyful song!

Chava Rachel Saban, Song: Ha Nerot, album: Don't Give Up (2008), video by: Daniel Jacob Pearson

hanukkah litesHa-nerot hallalu  is an ancient chant mentioned in the Talmud (Soferim 20:6), which is a reminder of the sacred nature of the Hannukah lights. It is said after the candles are lit. Photo from history.com.

Hannukah (Heb. Judaism, Dedication) is the Jewish Festival of Lights. It honors the victory of Judah the Maccabee, religious freedom and the 'miracle of holy oil' and celebrates the power of God. Hannukah begins at sundown the previous day and lasts for 8 days. This year it is celebrated 12/22 to 12/29.

Happy Hannukah! May your life be filled with miracles everyday.

 

Chava Rachel Saban says about herself,

"I was a junior in Yale college, pursuing a literature degree along with a musical career as a classical violinist, when a wheel flew off the car i was driving. the car flipped, i was knocked unconscious, and had my first spiritual awakening. i clearly experienced the next world, and felt the presence of a friend who had passed away. i heard a heavenly sound; the sound of myself playing the violin. it was the sweetest sound in the world. i began to realize that this sound was inside of me, the song of my soul. i began to realize that i had a soul. I began to sing in order to heal myself."

I wasn't able to find much about Chava Rachel Saban. Her webpage wasn't loading this morning 12/22. I linked her name to it in hopes it works again soon.

~Bonnee

No comments: