Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Simple Soul - Eddi Reader

'Simple Soul' sung by Eddi Reader

Just lovely!  A song that talks about simplicity, living and loving simply and seeing the best in all. I really like the verse, 'But it only takes a child to see, The diamonds in the coal.' Seeing the beauty, wonder and value in everything... in each other. There is a Sanskrit word 'Namaste' which in essence means 'I recognize, honor and bow to you as Master/Soul'. At our core we are all Masters or diamonds... clear, beautiful and sparkling. We simply are, know, are connected to everything and are in the present moment. Imagine if everyone lived this... life from Soul or enlightenment. Sweet easy uncomplicated life, living fully with precious love, incredible awe, prosperity and peace.  Thanks for the reminder Eddi!

Eddi Reader, Song: Simple Soul, Album:  Simple Soul (2001), Label: Compass Records. Website: www.eddireader.co.uk

Lyrics to 'Simple Soul'

I'd lift my head with each sunrise
If I had a simple soul
When I was weary I'd close my eyes
If I had a simple soul
Not too complicated to shiver when I'm cold
I'd make my home where I am bound
If I had a simple soul, simple soul
I say my prayers and hope to God
And I know he will know
I will break my daily bread
When hunger starts to grow
It doesn't have to be that hard
If it hurts you let it go
What you see is what you are
If you've got a simple soul, simple soul
It might take an alchemist
To turn your dust to gold
But it only takes a child to see
The diamonds in the coal
It's not so easy when a habit takes a hold
I never knew it would be so hard
To keep my simple soul, simple soul

Eddi Reader was born Sadenia Edna Reader in Glasgow, Scotland August 28, 1959. Eddi is a singer/songwriter who worked with the band Fairground Attraction and now has a successful solo career.

~Bonnee

No comments: